You have just started playing Pokemon TCG Live, and while it looks fun, you don’t have that many cards. There are cards that you’d like to have, but you don’t know how to get them. Don’t worry, because today we’ll explain how to get cards in Pokemon TCG Live.
Which Cards Do You Want?
There are various ways of getting cards in Pokemon TCG Live. Which one you’ll want to pick depends on what you want to get. Players, who’re looking for new cards, can be separated in two groups:
- Players who just want a lot of new cards in order to expand their collection.
- Players who want specific cards to complete their decks.
Let’s take a look at how each group should approach getting new cards.
How to Get a Lot of Cards in Pokemon TCG Live?
If you don’t care about getting that one specific card, but just want a lot of cards to build your collection, the best way to do so is by opening booster packs. Packs in Pokemon TCG Live contain 10 cards. Most of them are cards of lower rarities, but you do get at least one rare per pack, and you will quickly get a big collection.
Another similar option is to buy a prebuilt deck in the Shop. You get all the cards that in that deck, plus you get a deck that you can use immediately. On top of that, you also know which cards you’re going to get, so you can make an informed decision.
The third way is to progress to higher tiers in Battle Pass. Among the rewards you’ll get cards, decks, and boosters. All of which can quickly expand your collection. One of the rewards on the Battle Pass are Credits. Speaking of which, we should move to the next section, where we explain how you can use them to get even more cards.
How to Get a Specific Card in Pokemon TCG Live?
If you’re looking to complete a certain deck, the boosters aren’t the most efficient way. Due to the randomness, you can’t be sure that you’ll get the cards you need.
Thankfully, you can get any card that you want by using Credits. How many Credits you’ll need depends on the card’s rarity. The rarer the card, the pricier it will be. A common of your choice will cost you 40 Credits, while for the rarest cards you’ll have to spend 2,000 Credits.
Here are the steps to getting a card by using Credits:
- Open the deck editor. (Click on Decks tab at the top of the screen, then select one of the decks, or open a new one.)
- If you’re trying to create a card that you don’t have any copies of, click on the filter button (orange bottom at the top), and make sure that “Not owned” option is selected.
- Use the search bar to find the card you’re looking for.
- Click the card, and select the version of the card that you want.
- Click “Exchange” button, select how many cards you want to get. At the bottom, you’ll see how many Credits you’ll need to pay.
- By clicking on “Confirm exchange”, your Credits get spent, and you get the card.
Before we wrap up, we should quickly talk about trading. If you’ve played the previous iteration of this game, Pokemon TCGO, you should be familiar with trading. However, that’s one of the biggest differences with Pokemon TCG Live. There’s absolutely no trading within the game.
This means that you can’t trade the cards you have for the ones that you want. You can only get the cards by opening them in boosters, or decks, getting them as a reward, or by spending Credits.
So, now you should know how to get cards in Pokemon TCG Live. If you think there’s an efficient way of acquiring a card, that we didn’t mention, please let us know by leaving a comment below.
If you’d like to read more articles about Pokemon cards, here are some that you might want to check out: