In this article, you’ll find all five full-art basic lands from the Murders at Karlov Manor set. We’ll also provide information, about the best way to acquire these. Interestingly enough, one product really stands out this time around.
Since this set is happening on Ravnica, these could also be considered first full-art Ravnica basic lands. So, if you’re a fan of that plane, you’re probably going to enjoy these. Anyway, let’s take a look at these gorgeous lands.
Karlov Manor Full-Art Basic Lands
Aren’t these just absolutely stunning? All five artworks were created by Mia Boas, who really did an amazing job with them. So, what does one need to do to acquire such incredible full-art lands? Let’s see.
Where to Get Full-Art Karlov Manor Basic Lands?
Karlov Manor comes with two different booster types, each with different odds for hitting a full-art land:
- Murders at Karlov Manor Play boosters (33.3% chance of getting a full-art land, 66.7% chance of a regular land. There’s a 20% chance of land being upgraded to a foil one.)
- Murders at Karlov Manor Collector boosters (Guaranteed 1 foil full-art land per pack.)
So, considering this, a Play booster comes with a 6.7% chance of a foil full-art, and 26.6% chance of a non-foil full-art basic land. On the other hand, you’re always opening a foil full-art basic land in a Collector booster.
Which one of the two you want depends on what you’re looking for. Play boosters are cheaper, and you can draft with them. Collector boosters are pricier, but contain more exciting cards. However, if you’re mostly interested in opening full-art lands, there’s a better product for you. That would be…
Karlov Manor Bundle
Murders at Karlov Manor Bundle contains 9 Play boosters, a promo card, and 30 basic lands. Half of those will be foil, and half non-foil. Each of these two groups comes with 5 full-art lands. So, land breakdown is as follows:
- 10 non-foil regular lands
- 10 foil regular lands
- 5 non-foil full-art lands
- 5 foil full-art lands
That’s even without counting the basic lands from the included 9 Play boosters! Given that the Bundle is quite reasonably priced, that makes it an amazing pickup. You can find more details about Karlov Manor Bundle contents here.
Before we wrap up, here’s a table that presents the average breakdown of these three products. For Bundle, it includes both the 30 guaranteed lands, as well as the ones from included Play boosters. Note that this are averages, and the exact numbers might vary slightly.
|Play Booster Box
|36 total, on average:
|Collector Booster Box
|12 foil full-art total
|39 total, on average:
Murders at Karlov Manor Basic Lands – FAQ
Before we wrap up, here are answers to some commonly asked question about basic lands from Murders at Karlov Manor. If you still won’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to leave a comment below. We’ll get back to you ASAP.
Depends on the booster type. As far as Collector boosters go, the answer would be: yes, there’s a foil one in each Karlov Manor Collector booster. With Play boosters, there’s a 1 in 3 chance (33.3%) to open a full-art basic land. In other cases, there’s a regular basic land.
For the reasons described above, the most cost-efficient product is most likely Karlov Manor Bundle. Of course, you could always buy the basics on the secondary market.
There is just one set of these with five lands, one for each basic land type.
They have a common symbol, but are twice as rare as regular basic lands, if you consider their distribution in Play boosters.
Unravel More Karlov Manor Mysteries
That’s all about the amazing full-art basic lands from Murders at Karlov Manor. However, there’s still plenty to discover about this set. You can find lots of information, as well as Murders at Karlov Manor spoilers here.
If you’re a Commander player, you’re probably interested in Murders at Karlov Manor Commander precons. There will be four of them, each with its own fascinating theme.
Until next time, have fun, and may your open lots of your favorite basic land. (You can also share which one you prefer in the comments.)